Have you tried the new Fuji X70 or Ricoh GRII? Then maybe you can help me!
I currently have a Sony RX100M3 as my small take anywhere/ travel camera.
I'm in the market for a new travel camera, not because the Sony isn't cutting it, just because I like new things/ simply want to try a new camera.
I had my eye on the Ricoh GRII (annoyingly they have basically no distribution around my local area so I have to order one in, not a big deal, but just means I can't go to the store and hold one)
Then I started reading about the Fuji X70 and I got beyond confused, it's literally a toss up for which camera people think is better.
- I like that the Ricoh has a integrated lens cap, rather than having to remove and replace one like the Fuji.
- It seems unanimous that the Fuji has better auto-focus? I like that.
- I like that the Fuji has a high FPS
- I like that the Ricoh is sharper
- From videos it seems that the Fuji makes a lot of ticking and noises when focusing or the aperture blades adjusting for the metering. Can anyone confirm?
- I read Ricoh sucks for color
- I like Fuji's film presets (though it's only in JPEG and I usually shoot RAW and edit, I guess I can learn to adjust)
So in short, I'll read one article and be like "OH the Ricoh is surly the way to go", then another and think "what was I thinking, it's all Fuji X70 all the way" and it goes, back and fourth.
Can any of you with experience with both or either of the cameras help me put a nail in this Fuji X70 vs Ricoh GRII dilemma!? Or should I just get the RX100M4.
Read responses in dpreview.com