Photoshop - Workflow improvements - linked smart objects
Wondering if someone can help me to refine my workflow?
Currently this is working:
1) Render half final resolution from rendering software - 32bit multichannel exr.
2) Open in PS and do some 32bit tweaks.
3) resize to final resolution.
4) Use script to export each layer to 16bit tiff.
5) Load as linked smart objects into main 16bit PS comp where most of the work is done.
The render elements are updated as required.
I'm thinking it would be good to have a workflow where I have the option to skip step 3 during the draft stages of production.
This way I can gain the performance benefits of working on the half res comp until I specifically need to be working in full res.
My issue is that I have 25 or so linked smart objects scattered throughout my 16bit PS comp, some with masks, some nested within groups, in other groups etc.
One I get to full resolution final, or if it's appropriate for me to be working at full resolution then I would like to be able to upscale the 16bit PS document, and then have a method to scale (down) the full res linked smart objects to the width of the PS document.
It will need to leave their masks and vector masks in tact and the scaling of these has already been handled when resizing the document.
Hope that makes sense