Compact MF cameras?
I've been wanting to get into medium format for the last little while, and while I have picked up a couple cameras (Mamiya M645 & Airesflex TLR), I haven't really had a chance to use either yet. It's been very, very cold up here, and neither camera is practical for slipping in and out of a jacket...and my apartment has about the worst lighting of any manmade space I have yet encountered, so indoor shooting is also difficult.
So anyway, I've been thinking about maybe getting a smaller medium format camera as something easier to carry around—and I also don't have much experience with rangefinders, so it's kind of a two-birds-one-stone situation as far as trying new stuff goes. I was hoping you folks might have some recommendations of models I could look into (or ones I should avoid), as my generic eBay browsing is a slow process.
Some things to consider:
- I'm not going to spend a ton, I'm just trying to find something that works and is decent.
- A coupled rangefinder would be ideal, but I recognize that might not be possible for what I'm willing to spend.
- I'm not picky about size—645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 are all cool with me.
- I'd prefer a lens with a focal length pretty close to the eye's natural view, which if I understand correctly is around 80mm for MF.
- Folding cameras seem like a good solution as far as size goes, but how sturdy do bellows tend to be? Are folding cameras more susceptible to getting fogged up by cold?
- One I've seen come up a lot on eBay is the Agfa Isolette—anyone have any experience with these?
Thanks in advance!