Fujifilm FinePix F480 Digital Camera - Press Release
FUJIFILM ADDS TO ITS F-SERIES LINE WITH THE SLIM FINEPIX F480 DIGITAL CAMERA
New F480 Model Combines 8-MP, 4x Optical Zoom and 2.7? LCD
Valhalla, N.Y., July 26, 2007 ? FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. today announced the launch of the eight-MegaPixel FinePix F480, the latest model in Fujifilm's F-Series digital camera lineup and successor to the F470.
No bigger than a deck of playing cards, the F480 is aimed at entry level photographers looking for function and form. It carries an 8.2 MegaPixel CCD sensor along with a digital signal processor for noise reduction. This CCD and processor combination ensures that pictures taken with the FinePix F480 are colorful, clear and crisp. A 4.0x wide angle optical zoom lens from world-renowned lens manufacturer, Fujinon, captures large groups or distant subjects with ease thanks to a 28 mm-112mm equivalent on a 35 mm camera.
The FinePix F480 also features Picture Stabilization mode to reduce blurry images that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement. Automatically choosing the correct light sensitivity and best-matching shutter speed, the F480 produces the highest quality digital pictures without blur and the noise often associated with low light photographs.
Fujifilm's new F480 model also offers the following attractive features:
- Large LCD: 2.7-inch LCD display.
- Mode Dial: The camera features a conveniently placed mode dial that provides easy access to the most commonly used shooting modes, including: Auto, Picture Stabilization, Baby and Movie mode, and allows one-touch access to the pre-programmed scene modes.
- Scene modes: A wide range of 13 pre-programmed scene modes provides top-quality photos in a range of shooting conditions.
- Movie Mode: Capture QVGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you're out and you don't have your video camera on-hand.
- Internal memory: When the memory card (sold separately) is filled with images, users have extra internal storage space on each camera to capture additional pictures.
The stylish, all-black F480 also comes with a Li-ion rechargeable battery.
"We wanted to provide consumers with an easy to use, compact camera, that can be dropped into a pocket, making it easier to never miss a great photo opportunity," said David Troy, Senior Product Manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc.
The FinePix F480 will debut in September 2007 with a retail price of $179.95.
Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Reviews >>
Cameras Forum >>
Digital Camera Guide >>
Fuji Digital Camera News >>
Fujifilm brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries including medical, life sciences, consumer electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, photography and office products based on its vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company provides products and services that contribute to the advancement of culture, science, technology and industry, as well as to improved health and environmental protection. It is the global leader in digital minilabs; Computed Radiography systems; ink dyes, pigments and UV inks for inkjet printers and materials used in the production of flat panel displays. It was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted in 2006, employs more than 75,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2007, had global revenues of $23.6 billion. Fujifilm ADRs (American Depository Receipts) are traded in the U.S. on the Nasdaq exchange (NASDAQ:FUJI). For more information, please visit