Casio - Casio Exilim EX-V8 & Exilim EX-Z1080 - Press Release
CASIO INTRODUCES TWO STYLISH EXILIM DIGITAL CAMERAS
WITH YOUTUBE CAPTURE MODE
The EX-V8 is equipped with a 7X Optical Zoom and 8.1 Megapixels;
the EX-Z1080 features High ISO 6400 Sensitivity and 10.1 Megapixels
DOVER, NJ, AUGUST 28, 2007 – Casio America, Inc. and its parent company, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., released two new EXILIM digital cameras today. The EX-V8 features a slim, yet powerful optical zoom like its predecessors in the EXILIM Hi-Zoom series. The EX-Z1080, the latest addition to the core EXILIM Zoom series, packs an outstanding range of functions into a compact size.
The EX-V8 delivers 8.1 effective megapixels in a slim shape that is compact enough to fit in the palm of the hand. The camera features a 7X optical internal zoom lens designed for quiet operation. The EX-V8 also offers four blur reduction technologies, including a CCD-shift image stabilization mechanism.
The 10.1 megapixel EX-Z1080 produces beautiful photographs even when making large prints. It also enables high sensitivity photography up to a maximum of ISO 6400, and is ideal for photographing darker scenes and reducing blur caused by shaky hands and subject movement.
Both new models incorporate the EXILIM Engine 2.0 high-performance image processing module, which allows high quality movies to be recorded at the high compression rate of the next-generation H.264 standard. They also feature a YouTube Capture Mode, which enables users to shoot and save movies at the optimum size, quality and other settings for YouTube, the leading online video community that allows people to discover, watch and share originally created videos. YouTubeä allows people to easily upload and share video clips on and across the Internet through websites, blogs and e-mail. Casio has also included an exclusive software application that makes it fast and simple to upload movies to YouTube. This makes it easier than ever for people to enjoy “snapshot movies” of everyday fun, trips, and other occasions.
“Each year we strive to make advancements in our popular EXILIM digital cameras,” said Bill Heuer, Vice President of Sales for Casio’s Digital Imaging Division. “These models are no exception, as they blend many of the standard features EXILIM cameras are known for, with groundbreaking new technology such as YouTubeä Capture Mode, and the EXILIM Engine 2.0 high performance image processing module. If you ever needed an excuse to shoot photos and videos of friends or family these EXILIM cameras are it!”
The EX-V8 will have an MSRP of $329.99 and the EX-Z1080 an MSRP of $279.99. Both models will be available at retail in September.
Main Features of EXILIM Hi-Zoom EX-V8 & EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1080
- High-quality movies using the H.264 standard
- YouTube Capture Mode allows users to shoot movies at the optimum size, quality and other settings for uploading to YouTube.
- Comes with unique “YouTube Uploader for CASIO” software that enables users to upload movies to YouTubeTM in as few as two steps.
- The combination of face detection*1 technology and the auto-tracking AF system using motion analysis technology maintains both sharp focus and correct exposure for a human face
- Blur reduction technologies driven by the EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processing module
- Based on motion analysis technology, sets the most appropriate ISO sensitivity and shutter speed.
- Anti Shake DSP reduces blur due to shaky hands and subject movement, using high shutter speeds and high sensitivity settings.
- Movie mode with electronic image stabilization function.
Other Features of the EXILIM Hi-Zoom EX-V8
- 8.1 million effective pixels, 7X optical zoom
- CCD-shift image stabilization mechanism
- 2.5-inch Bright LCD display (maximum brightness of 1000 cd/m2 at the center of the screen)
- Maximum 4 shot/second*2 high-speed continuous shutter (only at 2.0 megapixel image size)
- Available in silver
Other Features of the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1080
- 10.1 million effective pixels, 3X optical zoom
- BEST SHOT function with high-sensitivity shooting mode, up to a maximum of ISO 6400
- 2.6-inch Bright widescreen LCD display (maximum brightness of 1000 cd/m2 at the center of the screen)
- Maximum 7 shot/second*2 high-speed continuous shutter (only at 2.0 megapixel image size)
- Super Life Battery allows up to 370 shots to be taken when fully charged
- Choice of four body colors: gray, black, blue, pink
*1. The face detection feature includes a face detection technology provided by OKI’s face image processing engine, FSE (Face Sensing Engine). *2. Number of shots can vary depending on the memory card used.
Read and write Casio digital camera reviews >>
Digital Cameras forum >>
=24&titleonly=1|All Casio digital camera news >>]
EXILIM is a registered trademark of Casio Computer Co., Ltd. “FSE” is a product provided by Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd. For more information about “FSE”, visit OKI’s website at . YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.
Casio America, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipment solutions, established in 1957. Casio America, Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of “creativity and contribution” through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casiousa.com.